for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- the original copyright statement is given
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Mention of the repository is appreciated but not mandatory.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Health and Medicine
- The repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Bibliographic references
- Conference and workshop papers
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Other special item types
- Special materials: Policy documents
- Deposited items may include:
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of the repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may not normally be removed from the repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Personal Safety
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of the repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.